Hagerstown, MD Bankruptcy Attorney
Located in Washington County, Hagerstown is one of Western Maryland’s largest cities. Although it is situated in a semi-rural part of the state, Hagerstown is known as the ‘Hub City’, as it is a center for regional transit and commerce. It has long been a key railroad stop. The history in the area runs deep, and there are many unique areas and attractions to visit in the city, including the Hagerstown City Park, the Pennsylvania Dutch Market, the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal National Historical Park, and the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts.
At Hinkle Law PLLC, we are proud to advocate for the rights and interests of people in Hagerstown and throughout the surrounding communities in Western Maryland. With the main office located nearby in Martinsburg, West Virginia, we have helped more than 1,000 people in the region get out of debt. Our law firm is committed to providing no-pressure and trustworthy guidance and support. Your long-term financial success matters to us. To set up a free, completely confidential initial consultation with an experienced Hagerstown, MD bankruptcy attorney, please call us today or reach out to us directly online.
We Provide a Full Range of Bankruptcy Services in Hagerstown, MD
For people and families who are dealing with financial challenges, there is help to find the right path forward. Everyone deserves personalized representation from a professional who is focused on their unique needs. At Hinkle Law PLLC, our Hagerstown bankruptcy law team handles the full spectrum of cases. No matter your situation, we will make sure that you know your options and are able to exercise your rights effectively. Personal bankruptcy and debt relief services we offer in Western Maryland include:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: The most common type of personal bankruptcy filed for in Maryland, Chapter 7 bankruptcy, is called a liquidated bankruptcy or straight bankruptcy. When you bring a successful Chapter 7 petition, you can discharge many (or all) of your outstanding debts, including medical bills and credit card debt. That being said, not everyone is eligible to file for Chapter 7. An attorney can help you understand if you qualify. If you have any specific questions about your rights, please do not hesitate to contact our Hagerstown Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorney for help.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: A liquidated bankruptcy is only available to people who can satisfy Maryland’s means test. If your assets or income are too high, you may need to take another path. The good news is that Chapter 13 bankruptcy offers an alternative option. It is often referred to as a wage earner’s plan, and it allows you to roll most or all of your debts into a single, affordable monthly payment. A Chapter 13 repayment plan generally lasts for somewhere between 36 months and 60 months. If you have questions or concerns about the Chapter 13 process, our Hagerstown bankruptcy attorney can help.
- Debt Relief and Consumer Protection: Debt relief is about far more than bankruptcy. We provide well-rounded debt relief services to our clients. Among other things, our Hagerstown bankruptcy law team can help you find non-bankruptcy alternatives to bankruptcy and stop unlawful harassment from creditors. During a free, confidential consultation, we will make sure you understand your legal rights and legal options. Call our Hagerstown, MD, debt relief and credit harassment attorney for immediate help with your case.
Your Long-Term Financial Well-Being is Our Top Priority
Bankruptcy law is complex. If you are uneasy or uncomfortable with the proposition of filing for bankruptcy, you are not alone. Many people feel the same way. Unfortunately, some people wait too long to get started with the process. You do not have to keep living with crushing levels of debt.
At Hinkle Law PLLC, our Hagerstown, MD debt relief & bankruptcy attorney is focused on taking away any fear or uncertainty. We will sit with you to understand exactly how the legal process works—all of the advantages and disadvantages associated with each and every option.
Ultimately, our top priority is your long-term financial health. We will craft a plan that helps you find a truly permanent solution, not merely a temporary reprieve. Our legal team can assist you in restoring your credit. More than just getting out of debt, we are committed to your financial success.
David J. Hinkle is an Experienced and Reliable Bankruptcy Attorney
With nearly two decades of relevant experience, bankruptcy attorney David J. Hinkle has helped more than 1,000 people conquer their financial problems. Collectively, he has assisted clients in shedding millions of dollars of debt. Our legal team has seen how outside challenges—from the subprime mortgage crisis to the COVID-19 pandemic—can cause severe financial hardship for hardworking families in West Maryland. With our law firm, you will get an opportunity to work with a Hagerstown bankruptcy attorney who will:
- Take the time to listen to your story and understand your needs and objectives;
- Answer any and all questions you have about the bankruptcy process;
- Comprehensively investigate your financial situation, exploring all options;
- Prepare your financial documents and records;
- Handle negotiations and correspondence with creditors and debt collectors; and
- Take whatever action is needed to protect your interests best.
We work with our clients every step of the way. Filing for bankruptcy protection might be the best path forward for you and your family members. Alternatively, another debt relief solution could be a more effective option. Our Hagerstown, MD bankruptcy attorney will put in the time, resources, and effort to get to know you and devise a debt relief strategy that actually works.
Call Our Hagerstown Bankruptcy Lawyer for a Free Consultation
At Hinkle Law PLLC, our Hagerstown bankruptcy attorney is a skilled and effective advocate for clients. If you have any questions about bankruptcy law, your legal rights, or your legal options, we are more than happy to provide guidance and support. Contact us for a free, strictly confidential review of your financial situation. We represent clients in Hagerstown and throughout the surrounding communities in Western Maryland, including Washington County, Allegheny County, and Garrett County.
Contact our office today at (240) 698-2297 to speak with one of our knowledgeable attorneys about how we can help you move forward.