Charleston, WV Bankruptcy Attorney
Located between the Kanawha River and the Elk River, Charleston is West Virginia’s largest city and its state capital. With a history dating back to the mid-18th century, Charleston was once a frontier town and the home of famed woodsmen Daniel Boone. Now, it is a modern and vibrant city that combines exceptional dining and shopping options with historical sites and other top attractions, including the West Virginia State Museum, the Capitol Gold Dome, and the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences.
At Hinkle Law PLLC, our West Virginia bankruptcy lawyer, is proud to serve people and families in Charleston. With the main office in Martinsburg, our team has helped more than 1,000 clients get out of millions of dollars of debt. We provide a no-pressure and confidential setting where you can tell your story and learn everything you need to know about your legal options. If you have any questions about your rights, we are more than happy to help. To schedule a no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation with a top-rated West Virginia bankruptcy law attorney, please call us today.
Bankruptcy and Debt Relief Firm Serving Charleston, Putnam, and Kanawha County
We are a full-service bankruptcy and debt relief law firm. Our founding attorney David J. Hinkle started practicing bankruptcy law during the Great Recession and is now helping people navigate the financial fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have seen how these difficult outside circumstances can make a life for Charleston families. Whether you are dealing with unemployment, reduced income, medical bills, or you simply became overextended, we are here to help you get back on the right financial path. The sooner you consult with a Charleston bankruptcy attorney, the easier it will be to find answers. Legal services we provide in Charleston include:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: The most common type of personal bankruptcy filed in Kanawha County, Chapter 7 bankruptcy, is referred to as straight bankruptcy or liquidation bankruptcy. With a successful Chapter 7 petition, many debts—including credit card bills and medical bills—can be discharged outright. You will get a truly fresh start. However, not everyone qualifies to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. To find out if you are eligible, please do not hesitate to call our Charleston bankruptcy lawyer today.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: An alternative to Chapter 7, Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows people to restructure their debts so that they can get a monthly payment that is sustainable and affordable. With a Chapter 13 filing, you may be able to get penalties waived, interest reduced, and some of the principal forgiven. If you have any specific questions about the process, our Charleston Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney is more than happy to help.
- Debt Relief and Consumer Protection: Although bankruptcy is a solution for many people who are dealing with financial trouble, it is not the right option in every case. We assist people with a wide range of non-bankruptcy debt relief matters, including negotiating with creditors and taking action to stop illegal debt collector harassment. Contact our Charleston debt relief lawyer today to find out more about what we can do for you and your family.
Our Mission is Your Long-Term Financial Health and Well-Being
From the outside, the bankruptcy process is confusing. Many people are fearful and uncomfortable with the prospect of even exploring formal debt relief, let alone filing for bankruptcy. At Hinkle Law PLLC, we are here to take fear and uncertainty out of the equation. During a free, confidential initial consultation, our Charleston debt relief & bankruptcy lawyer will answer all of your questions and explain exactly how the process works.
Beyond guiding you through the bankruptcy process, we can help you restore your credit and fix your long-term financial health. Our goal is to help you solve your problems with debt—we put a focus on the long term. A plan that merely gets you back on the right path for a few months is not good enough. Our Charleston debt relief team wants to help you find a permanent solution. You should not have to live in fear of letters and calls from aggressive debt collection agencies.
West Virginia Bankruptcy Attorney David J. Hinkle Will Help You Gain Control
We know how stressful, frustrating, and intimidating it can be to deal with bills piling up and non-stop calls from debt collectors. Our law firm will protect your rights, help you gain control of your finances, and find the best way out of debt. With deep personal ties to West Virginia, David J. Hinkle is an experienced bankruptcy and debt relief lawyer. No matter where you are in the process, we are prepared to offer guidance, information, and support. Among other things, our Charleston bankruptcy attorney will:
- Answer your questions and address your concerns during a free initial consultation;
- Help you understand every available option you have under state and federal law;
- Gather and organize all necessary financial documents and records;
- Handle correspondence with creditors, debt collectors, and other parties; and
- Devise a strategy focused on solving financial problems and restoring financial health.
With the Charleston bankruptcy law team at Hinkle Law PLLC, there is no judgment, nor is there any pressure to take one particular path. We are driven by a passion for helping hardworking West Virginia people get out of debt and get a truly fresh start. There is always a solution, and our Charleston bankruptcy attorney is here to help you find the right one for your family.
Call Our Charleston, WV Bankruptcy Attorney for the Help and Support You Need
At Hinkle Law PLLC, our Charleston bankruptcy attorney is an experienced, knowledgeable advocate for clients and their families. If you have any questions about your rights or your options, we are more than happy to help. No debt relief question is too simple or too straightforward to call an attorney. Contact our firm today for a free, completely confidential initial consultation. We represent clients in Charleston and throughout the surrounding communities in Putnam and Kanawha County, including Dunbar, Montgomery, Smithers, Marmet, South Charleston, and St. Albans.
Contact our office today at (304) 836-3471 to speak with one of our knowledgeable attorneys about how we can help you move forward.